Wednesday, March 5, 2008

5/3/19: ECW Hardcore Happening #29

Interview:
Samoa Joe interview

("The Champ is Here" by Jadakiss played as Samoa Joe came to the ring to cheers
from the crowd.)

Samoa Joe: This is going to be real short and to the point. At CyberSlam, I
beat the ECW World Heavyweight Champion. I pinned that arrogant, cocky,
scheming little bastard and now, I'm next in line for a title shot.

(The fans cheered. "Miseria Cantare - The Beginning" by AFI played as CM Punk
came to the ring to more cheers from the crowd.)

CM Punk: Joseph, I appreciate the fact that you pinned Randy Orton and won the
match for OUR team, but I'm the former champion and I still have not received
MY return match against Orton for MY title. Joseph, the title that both you and
I long for is mine and can only be mine. Joseph, I recommend you step aside
while I take what is mine.

(Joe approached Punk as "Burn In My Light" by Mercy Drive played as the Extreme
Horsemen: ECW World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton, Rhino, Jerry Lynn and
C.W. Anderson came to the ring to boos from the crowd.)

Randy Orton: Gentlemen, I don't know why you're out here wasting everybody's
time. I am the ECW World Heavyweight Champion and I'll determine who and where
I defend my strap against. CM Punk...Oh, poor CM Punk. Title-less, worthless
and hopeless. Punk, you're so-called claim to this title died at Living
Dangerously. This is MY title, not YOURS, so get the fuck out of my ring,
before there's a problem.

(Punk approached Orton and squared off with him as Takeshi Morishima and Don
Callis hit the ring. Morishima laid Punk out with the Backdrop Driver. Rhino,
Lynn and Anderson commenced beating down Joe as Callis led Morishima backstage.
Orton stomped on Punk and proceeded to execute a running kick to his head. The
Extreme Horsemen left the ring to boos from the crowd as Joe and Punk lay on
the mat.)

---

Shelton Benjamin pinned Christopher Daniels with the T-Bone Suplex in 0:15:07.
Rating: *** 3/4

Matt Hardy pinned Lance Storm with the Twist of Fate in 0:15:14.
Rating: *** 3/4

Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko defeated Johnny Nitro and Christian York when
Malenko made York submit to the Texas Cloverleaf in 0:15:34.
Rating: ** 3/4

The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) defeated
Ken Kennedy and Necro Butcher when J. Briscoe pinned Butcher with the J-Driller
in 0:25:56.
Rating: ****

Bryan Danielson and Davey Richards defeated Kamikaze (KENTA and Naomichi Marufuji) when D. Richards pinned KENTA with the
Shooting Star Press in 0:30:30.
Rating: **** 1/4


(Card rating: *** 3/4)

---

ECW Hardcore Happening #29
May 3, 2019
Event #68